Friday September 20th, 2019 - Sunday September 22nd, 2019
Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa
Registration Is Over
It ended on 09/19/2019
For More Information Contact:
Level: Advanced to Elite
This camp provides an excellent training opportunity for collegiate softball umpires aspiring to perfect their three-umpire mechanics and other important skills necessary to work at the highest level of college softball! Umpires will participate in a series of drills designed to perfect strike zones, timing, signals, mental toughness, rule knowledge, fly ball coverage, video review skills, visual acuity, self-evaluation and much more. Umpires will work innings of college level softball games at each position but may not work a full game at any one position. Umpires will receive in game and post-game feedback to polish existing skills and take performance to a new level.
Grand View University has an outstanding facility that provides us with excellent spaces for indoor and outdoor learning. This camp is intense and outstanding! Be prepared to work hard and accelerate your growth on the field.
Due to the ELITE nature of this camp, space is limited to 20 campers. Selections will be made via a camp application. Unfortunately, not everyone who applies will be selected. Selections will be made based on the applications and at the sole discretion of the DUA staff. Payment for the camp is due at the time of the application. Anyone not selected for the camp will receive a refund less a $25 non-refundable application to cover the costs of the transactions.
Camp begins at 6pm Friday September 20, 2019 and concludes at 4pm on Sunday September 22, 2019.
Requirements: Must have college level experience using the three umpire system.
Camp Fee: $300 (Anyone not selected for the camp will receive a full refund)
Housing: on your own
Meals: On your own
Faculty: Christie Cornwell, Scott Mair, Robbie Guest, Steve Gould
1. Diamond Umpire Academy reserves the right to reproduce all participants likeness for use on camp sponsored websites, social media, training, advertisements etc. DUA reserves all rights and by signing up for the camp you give consent for all photos and videos to be used in this manner.
2. Campers must carry their own personal insurance to cover them in the event of injury. DUA will not be responsible or held liable for any personal injury incurred while traveling to/from the camp or while engaging in activities at the camp. DUA shall be held harmless.
3. Campers certify that they are in good physical health and have been cleared by their doctor in order to participate in the camp activities.
4. Attending a camp does not promise, guarantee, or imply in any way that campers will be picked up or hired by any conference or assigner. Campers are attending camp for the purpose of professional growth and development. Obtaining contracts or games is not stated or implied. DUA will be held harmless if campers do not obtain assignments or employment form any conference or assigner.
5. Please read our refund policy before registering.
6. Due to high volume of applications and a limited number of spots, we may not be able to accept all applications. If your application is not accepted you will receive a full refund.View All Camps