Thursday October 24th, 2019
ESPN Wide World of Sports - Orlando, FL
Registration Is Over
It ended on 10/19/2019
For More Information Contact:
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Held at the Disney’s beautiful ESPN Wide World of Sports, this camp provides campers of intermediate level and above an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and abilities in the three-umpire system in front of D1 coordinators, and perfect them in specialized skill building drills. Camp will open with a classroom session on Thursday at 3pm. Friday - Sunday campers will spend half of the day working games and the other half of the day in skill building sessions. Campers will work 2-4 games per day. Paid games may be available on other fields at the same complex for those umpires wishing to offset their costs.
We are pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Megan Matthews Buning to our camp! Dr. Buning played softball for the University of South Carolina as a pitcher and is one of the greatest softball players in South Carolina history. She was an All-American pitcher, a three-time-All Southeast Region honoree, a two-time All-SEC pick and 2013 inductee in the USC Athletic Hall of Fame. Dr. Buning, currently a professor at the Augusta University College of Education, has been named to the SEC 2017 Class of Women's Legends. If you did not umpire her games when she pitched, you may be familiar with her through her years of coaching at Florida State, Coastal Carolina, and Ole Miss, or you may have watched her announce many softball games on TV including the NCAA DI Regional at South Carolina last season. As a former standout softball player, an accomplished coach and analyst, and professor, Dr. Bunning brings a unique blend of softball experience to us from all sides of the game! Dr. Buning will be working with campers in large and small groups teaching the sports performance, focus, and mental mastery skills needed to excel at the highest levels.
In addition, campers will work through specialized drill sessions with World Series umpires designed to target improved performance in seeing and tracking the ball, judgment, working the wedge, improving strike zones, and more! All camp games are evaluated. Campers will receive in game and post-game feedback.
Classroom training sessions on day 1. Camp begins at 3pm Thursday. Camp ends at 6pm on Sunday.
Requirements: Must have collegiate experience in the three-umpire system
Registration fee: $300
Housing: On your own
Meals: on your own
Faculty: TBA Coordinators: Christie Cornwell (SEC, Sun Belt, ASUN, OVC, ODAC) Mike Raynor (ACC, Big South, Big East, Ivy, NPF) Mickey Call (CAA, SoCon, A10, OVC, USA South) and more TBA
1. Diamond Umpire Academy reserves the right to reproduce all participants likeness for use on camp sponsored websites, social media, training, advertisements etc. DUA reserves all rights and by signing up for the camp you give consent for all photos and videos to be used in this manner.
2. Campers must carry their own personal insurance to cover them in the event of injury. DUA will not be responsible or held liable for any personal injury incurred while traveling to/from the camp or while engaging in activities at the camp. DUA shall be held harmless.
3. Campers certify that they are in good physical health and have been cleared by their doctor in order to participate in the camp activities.
4. Attending a camp does not promise, guarantee, or imply in any way that campers will be picked up or hired by any conference or assigner. Campers are attending camp for the purpose of professional growth and development. Obtaining contracts or games is not stated or implied. DUA will be held harmless if campers do not obtain assignments or employment form any conference or assigner.
5. Please read our refund policy before registering.
6. Due to high volume of applications and a limited number of spots, we may not be able to accept all applications. If your application is not accepted you will receive a full refund of monies.View All Camps